Silk Scarves — Fun to paint, great to keep or give it as a gift.
Our classes for hand painting Silk Scarves are scheduled for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The length of class will fluctuate with each artist. Each guest will paint one 72″ (6 foot long) silk scarf.
- Prior to coming to class: We recommend each guest think of colors and designs that would be fun.
- The class begins: We start with instructions in several silk scarf painting techniques and the instructors will help get everyone ready to be creative. It is also time to pick your colors.
- Starting the design: The white designs are created with “resist”, which tends to spread a little. We coach the guests to keep their designs open instead of compact so the resist lines do not run together.
- Paint your scarf: Each guest selects their colors and tools, and it really gets fun.
- Voila! Your scarves are ready to go home with you. You will be sent with instructions for setting the paint (ironing) and rinsing prior to using the scarf.